Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Oh man! Let the stress of the new semester/winter begin! Not only do I work 40 hours/week, but am also taking 2 college classes as well. Anatomy & Physiology on Tues & Thurs and College Algebra online. Right now I am drowning and forgot how to swim!

It really hit me, well more like bitch slapped me yesterday! I have been so caught up in celebrating (my engagement, Randall's B-Day) that I have let my diet & school take a back seat. I missed an online lab quiz in Anatomy, because I forgot all about it this past weekend. Even though it was only 5 points, it felt like 50! How did I forget about it? I didn't give school a thought this past weekend and now I am paying for it. I have a math assignment due everyday this week and a lab identification quiz in class on Thursday.

Not only is school stressing me out, but also where the hell did all my damn money go? I feel like all of a sudden I am living paycheck to paycheck, and still have to borrow against my line of credit every week! It didn't help that I spent $80 on dinner and $80 on drinking this past weekend for Randall's b-day! $160 gone in one night! And What did I get for it? A 4 hour puking fest since I was so hungover! Funny if I was 23, but come on, I am 29.... Grow up!

So now I am grounding myself! No more fun for me! Not until this semester at school is over in May. The month of February I am going tubing and to a Superbowl Party, but that is the only planning I am doing outside of work and classes! I think this is the only way I will pass Anatomy and Algebra! Seriously. I honestly never learned how to study and that was very obvious in my Chemistry class last semester. Time to buckle down!

I need to focus on my work, school & diet! I always let fun come before work! Time for a true investment in my future! It is only 3 1/2 months I am giving up a social life! I am not taking classes this summer, so I will be down for fun then!

I could really use a movie montage to move this along!

1 comment:

  1. Well you put it perfectly. That is why I don't yet have my degree and am going back after 16 year hiatus. Social life on hold for me too.

    ReplyDelete