Monday, August 8, 2011

Trying Something New... Or So I thought!

Last week I started the Couch to 5K program with help from the C25K app for iphone. It really is neat. I paid $2.99 for it (plus .99) for the GPS feature. Anyhoo, it is so easy to use. You can still pick all your music out of the itunes playlists and there is an alert and "coach" telling you when to run and walk. After the workout, you then journal how you felt and plug your weight in to see how many calories you burned. The GPS feature tracks your total distance as well as pace/walk and pace/run. I think it is just so cool! Now if only I could run the whole time I am supposed to!

So since starting this workout I decided that I would eat a few refined carbs on workout days ONLY... I was doing really good for 2 days, but then the weekend came along. Friday night Applebee's, Saturday was an allowed day, as I did my run in the morning, but I went overboard, and Sunday was not supposed to have been an eat whatever day. Mondays are to be my only free days, but I have yet to get through a weekend without failure.

This weekend I will be good. My workout days this week are:
Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday. So I will allow myself a very small amount of refined carbs these days... No fried foods or junk! Maybe a slice of bread, baked potato or CUP of pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment